TAMPA, FL – (July 23, 2020) – Bromley Companies announced today it will deliver Tampa Bay’s first new office building uniquely suited as a healthy workplace. The Loft at Midtown, an under-construction, 70,000-square-foot building within Bromley’s $500 million Midtown Tampa development, prioritizes the health and wellness of its tenants with innovative features.
“Over the last few months, it has become increasingly clear that we’re on the right track with the design of The Loft, which incorporates a wide range of features focused on health, wellness and flexible needs of office users,” said Nick Haines, CEO, Bromley Companies. “As an overall project, Midtown Tampa is intentionally designed as a walkable, outdoor lifestyle environment where both individuals and companies will live, work and play at their very best. The Loft has a unique set of features which contribute to the community’s wellness vision.”
The Loft at Midtown, slated for delivery to tenants in early December, is a three-story, mixed-use building with ground-floor retail and creative, boutique-style office space on the second and third floors. The building will incorporate a number of touch-free and other safety features, as well as an overall design that accommodates physical distancing and access to tenant-exclusive outdoor space including:
- Butterfly MX®, touch-free access to manage doors from a smartphone. An app provides features such as video calling, virtual keys, delivery PINs, elevator access, and touch-free entry to doors.
- Infrastructure for healthier ventilation system to improve air quality and circulation, filtration using UV light conditioned air
- Multiple staircases in the three-story building with touchless, secure access via key-fob which allow easy floor access without using elevators
- Touch-free faucets, soap dispensers, hand dryers and flush valves in all restrooms. Restroom layout allowing for vestibules in lieu of doors providing for total touchless approach.
- Antimicrobial paint that makes painted surfaces resistant to microbes such as viruses, fungi, mold, mildew and certain bacteria
- A spacious outdoor area on The Loft’s second floor with a balcony that overlooks Midtown Commons. Exclusive to tenants, the outdoor space will have comfortable seating for al fresco meetings and small gatherings.
- 15-foot ceilings that create a spacious, airy environment
“As a developer working on one of Tampa Bay’s first new major office projects in decades, we feel a responsibility to lead change in creating a safer, healthier office environment where tenants and their employees will feel comfortable,” added Haines. “With all these features being incorporated into The Loft, we’ll play a role in redefining the workplace and build on the high standard for wellness we’ve set at Midtown Tampa.”
Cushman & Wakefield’s Robin Bishop, who is leading the office leasing for The Loft, added, “COVID-19 is requiring tenants to rethink what makes an ideal workplace. As we move forward, we can expect decision makers to focus on features that promote health and wellness, such as touch-free technology and flexible design that allows proper distancing. The Loft’s boutique size and style will also offer an advantage by allowing for a healthy employee-per-square-foot ratio.”
The Loft will be the second of four office buildings comprising a total of 750,000 square feet at Midtown Tampa. Bromley is also co-developing the 160,000 square feet Midtown One with Highwoods above REI, which includes its own inherent features such as a lakefront walking trail and dual lobbies which allow for enhanced user circulation and distancing. In The Loft, Bromley saw a unique opportunity to create a complimentary boutique office product tailored to wellness-minded customers seeking high visibility with lower density.
About Midtown Tampa
On 22 acres, the award-winning Midtown Tampa is the first mixed-use project of its kind in Tampa, and the catalyst for an entirely new district connecting Westshore and Downtown. Midtown Tampa will deliver 1.8 million square feet of retail and residential space, including 200,000 square feet of Class A office in the first phase, plus entertainment and hospitality to the surrounding neighborhood and the Tampa Bay region. Already, Midtown Tampa has announced Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Café, BellaBrava: New World Trattoria, Shake Shack, REI Co-op, Whole Foods Market, Royal Pets Market & Resort, NOVEL Midtown by Crescent Communities, True Food Kitchen, Burtons Grill & Bar, Ponte Group Restaurant, The Loft, F45 Training and co-developers Concord Hospitality on Aloft and Element Hotel, along with Highwoods Properties on Midtown One office tower. Project completion is first quarter 2021. For more information about Midtown Tampa, visit www.midtowntampa.com.
#MidtownTampa #MakingMidtown #TheLoft #OfficeSpace #COVID #Boutique #Tampa #TampaBay #WorkSpace #Innovative